After finishing my assignment as a Project Manager for Swedish Games Awards I longed for another project and took on the challenge of creating the first showcase of Game Program at Södertörns University at Comic-Con Stockholm 2015.
What did I do?
I was the main person in charge of getting all of the teams together for the event, planning the booth and scheduling, as well as also being a developer for one of the games that was being showcased at the expo.
- Project Manager: I contacted and had meetings with sponsors, recruited three game developer teams and was the front figure for the entire project.
- Booth Planner: To ensure that the school be presentable I was in charge of planning the booth space and furniture.
- Schedule Planner: All the teams and school representatives had schedules that I had carefully planned for the event.
- Graphical Producer: I made logotypes, business cards (for the developers) and roll-up.
- UI Designer & Scripter: I remade and improved the looks of the game I developed for which was Främlingsverket.
What did I achieve?
- The first ever showcase of the games program at Södertörns University.
- Proving to other schools that there is talent at our school as well.
- Furthering the community between the students at the program.
- Developing the connection between the marketing team at Södertörns University and the program.
- Initiating new relationships with several High Schools that previously did not know about the school.
- Exposing the program to a younger generation that got interested in the program.
What did I learn?
- The full process of showcasing games at a public expo aimed at consumers.
- Expanding my knowledge about the other game schools in Sweden.
- The basics and know hows of UI integration and design.
- How to manage several game developer teams at the same time.
- Getting more experience as a public spokesperson.
Some of the things I produced can be found here below: